I can recommend this approach for your genealogy hobby:
Treat it like a business.
|My approach to genealogy has taken me very far.
That does not mean you'll stop enjoying it. And you won't find it becoming a burden. Treating your family tree research like a business means you'll reach new heights. You'll make big discoveries faster than ever before.
One year ago I started this blog with a single thought. "If genealogists were more businesslike, there'd be more high-quality family trees out there."
I started publishing Fortify Your Family Tree to promote best practices. My goal was to help fellow genealogists improve their family trees.
The bonus for me is that I am spending much more time on my own family tree so I have topics to write about.
As a first-year recap, here are the articles at the core of my "treat it like a business" philosophy. Plus, here's a list of my most popular articles.
The Fortify Your Family Tree Philosophy
- Know exactly where your people came from
- Document your research thoroughly
- Examine every available document
- Step back and judge your work objectively
Most Popular Articles
- Free Resource Lets You Plot Family Tree Locations
- How to Create Your Ancestral Hometown Database
- Work in Batches to Strengthen Your Family Tree
- How to Use the Online Italian Genealogy Archives
- How to Share Your Family Tree Research with Relatives
I've had big breakthroughs this year. I look forward to another year of working on my tree and writing to inspire your research. Thank you for reading!