|Marriage registers, yearbooks, newspaper
clippings…these are official sources for your
- telephone books
- post office change-of-address forms
- other public documents.
- by their name
- in a specific place
- in a specific range of time.
- my parents' marriage license
- my grandfather's 2nd marriage license
- my and my close cousins' births
- my grandmother Lucy's birth
|Seeing the index of New York births, I finally found my grandmother's birth certificate number.
|Proof of a modern-day marriage may be found in the bride's hometown paper.
- birth, marriage and death announcements
- public relations announcements for various professionals
- graduating class lists
- your mom's birth date
- your brother's middle name
- your aunt's home address